Soy Beans, dry (500g)
How to make Soy Milk
1 cup dried soybeans
7 cups water
Sugar (to taste, optional)
- Place beans in a large bowl and cover with water. Soak overnight (at least 10 hours).
- Drain water from beans and remove any beans that have not expanded or softened.
- Rinse beans well and remove any loose skins if desired.
- Working in small batches, place 1/2 cup of beans and 1-1 1/2 cups of water into a blender. Process until smooth and place in large clean bowl. Continue process until all beans are blended.
- Strain bean mixture through a sieve lined with a cheesecloth a few times, pressing beans to as much milk as possible.
- Place milk and 2-3 cups of water in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. Skim any foam that collects on top.*
- Add small amount of sugar if desired.
- Chill the milk and store in refrigerator
Have you tried making soy milk at home? Healthy Food doesn't have to be only in the posh Bangkok vegan / vegetarian restaurants